So you have a brand new blog, have been posting like crazy and still not seeing the results that you desire. Fear not, the below recommendations will jump start your blog and getting it rolling.
1. Set up a Bloglet subscription form on your blog and invite everyone in your network to subscribe: family, friends, colleagues, clients, associates.
2. Set up a feed on MyYahoo.com so your site gets regularly spidered by the Yahoo search engine.
3. Read and comment on other blogs that are in your target niche. Don’t write things like “nice blog” or “great post.” Write intelligent, useful comments with a link to your blog.
4. Use Ping-0-Matic to ping blog directories. Do this every time you publish.
5. Submit your blog to traditional search engines by hand.
6. Submit your blog to blog directories.
7. Put a link to your blog on every page of your website.
8. If you publish a newsletter, make sure you have a link to your blog in every issue.
9. Include a link to your blog as a standard part of all outgoing correspondence such as autoresponder sequences, sales letters, reports, white papers, etc.
10. Make sure you have an RSS feed URL that people can subscribe to.
11. Post often to keep attracting your subscribers to come back and refer you to others in their networks; include links to other blogs, articles and websites in your posts
12. Use Trackback links when you quote or refer to other blog posts. What is TrackBack? Essentially what this does is send a message from one server to another server letting it know you have posted a reference to their post. The beauty is that a link to your blog is now included on their site.
13. Write articles to post around the web in article directories. Include a link to your blog in the author info box.
14. Make a commitment to blog everyday. 10 minutes a day can help increase your traffic as new content attracts search engine spiders. Put it on your calendar as a task every day at the same time.